Kit / Model
Though RPM presents it as Ford Tc, the correct name is Ford Tfc or Ford FT-B.
This vehicle was intended to satisfy the need Poland had of providing its army with the largest possible amount of armored vehicles as a matter of urgency.
In 1920 Poland was at war with Russia and although it was the fourth force in the world in terms of armored vehicles already, increasing its strength in this respect was a highly strategic achievement
The Ford Tfc prototype was completed in June 1920 and 16/17 units were built. The well-known Ford T chassis was used and armored with a structure to mount the turret and lodge two crew members. The modifications included reinforcing the suspension to carry the armor's additional 600 kg. Just as many other machine-gun cars in those days, the Ford Tfc's all-terrain capacity was limited by its 4x2 traction and its narrow tyres. However, its low weight (1350kg) and solid mechanical system contributed to a good service. They were used for the reconnaissance purposes they had been designed for. They proved to have an extremely good mobility which was difficult to match by other heavier vehicles that turned out to be obviously slower. Out of the units manufactured for this purpose, 12 outlived the conflict and were put out of service in 1931.
The full article can be found here:
Send an E-mail to member
Only for members