Kit / Model
T-38 Soviet Light Amphibious tank
This a veteran T-38 boxed by Coperativa from Czech Republic that added a PE detail set to model kit, and it is probably an OEM from AER Moldavia.
Needless to say that the kit is bellow the current industry standard, as parts are poorly detailed, quality of the plastic resin sucks, many vehicle details are simply missing, etc, etc...
But I decided to accept the challenge of making it better.
Based on the information available found in several AFV website, the following improvements were done:
- Replaced all body plastic molded rivets by metal ones (+200 rivets and hex bolt heads), achieving a major improvement.
- Added workable tracks.
- Added a metal MG barrel.
- Reworked the suspension boogies adding a metal spring on each set.
- Mudguards were replaced by styrene made ones.
- Added vision ports on the turret, as well for the driver.
- For the turret markings, used transfers.
- Canibalized parts from others models as Panzer I, T-34, etc.
Applied a spray primer and then used an acrylic Russian green as the main color.
For the weathering I have used filters, oli paint and pigments
Send an E-mail to member
Only for members
Comments for this showroom
Alvaro Bortoletto (abortoletto)
2010-05-10 - 07:29
Thank you !
Patricio Delfosse (email@example.com)
2010-05-08 - 15:26
Beautiful work, Alvaro!!!