Forgot your password?
- Add a model to my Showroom (need to Login or Register)

- View my Favourite Showrooms

- Search for other members' Showrooms

- To know other members from Community

- Browse our Forums

See more >>

If you want to be noticed about updates, please join your email to the list.
>> Airbrushing: FAQ
>> A weathering technique using salt
>> Applying decals on cars and motorcycles
>> Building a  vacu airplane kit
>> Equivalences for racing colours with Tamiya.
>> Giving a rusty finishing to military vehicles
>> How to build a model kit
>> How to build a car model with open doors
>> How to paint with lacquers
>> Learning how to paint faces with acrylics
>> How to make a tarpaulin for military vehicles
>> Modelling a bust, Step by step
>> Modelling tips for newcomers
>> Painting a figure step by step
>> Painting, the key to plastic modelling.
>> Painting wheels for military in five steps
>> Placing tracks in the Tamiya's T-55
>> Realistic Fork Tubes for 1/12 scale motorcycles
>> Realistic chipped paint in military
>> Scratch Building helmets for cars and motorcycles
>> Spray booth, design and fan selection
>> T-34 Round-up. All the info and versions
>> Tamiya's paint to FS and Humbrol conversion chart
>> The "Weathering"
>> Weathering with the sponge technique
>> Weathering using pigments... step by step
>> Weathering tricks in airplanes for novice modellers
>> Wheels in F1 car models
>> Working with Alclad paints - These pages including all artwork are copyrighted 2006/2010 - Sitemap
Armor  Formula one  Cars  Motorcycles  Airplanes  Other 

Scale-Master Showroom Favourites Login Register

1969 Camaro Part 03

Kit / Model  

Not available


Not available

Item Code  

Not available




Continued progress. See Part 1 for history and intended direction for this project.

Part 4 click the link

Related URL

Related URL  



Project status  

In progress

Send an E-mail to member  

Only for members




Leave a comment
Only for registered members
The heads have been reworked. Sand cast texture was added with paint. The spark plug holes were moved since they were located incorrectly and the head bolt locations were drilled out to accept the bolts that were not included in the molded in detail. I machined spark plugs from aluminum, the boots are vinyl tubing. The head bolts were made from hex stock styrene. A little wash was applied to give them a used look.
The firewall had two big slots in it for the hood hinges. (One right through the heater box.) I filled them in and reconstructed the heater box and I “hammered” the area that will be behind the distributor for added clearance. (Sure helped on my real one…)
I machined the mounting hardware for the headers from 2024 aluminum. I also cut out the notches in the flanges to allow access/clearance to the repositioned spark plugs…
The headers are done, all the hardware is installed.
. I machined all the nuts/bolts/washers from 2024 aluminum.
The starter/solenoid is a little high torque unit I scratchbuilt before I shelved the project. Machined a few nuts and bolts for it yesterday… (The stock OEM GM unit would not fit inside the headers.)
I just made the bolts and washers for it (and the studs/nuts/washers for the thermostat housing).
More 2024...
The water pump is done for now. Kit sourced from the ’67 Corvette, with added machined fitting and mounting bolts.
The dipstick tube was made from solder I knurled with a file to look like braided line. The fittings and dipstick handle are machined aluminum (6061).