Kit / Model
Pocher Alfa Romeo 8c
The transmission presented similar issues as the engine, internals had to be sandwiched between the halves. I dry fitted them first and did the majority of the clean up, then took them apart and installed the inside metal parts.
As I mentioned, the screws in this kit are awful, so the seams were filled with CA and hold the halves together since the screws weren't doing their job. A little bit of the seam was left intentionally as there is a bit of a casting line on the real ones.
The main colors on the mechanical parts are mostly sprayed lacquers, but all the detail work is freehand brush painted, as are the washes. Mostly enamels (Testors) for the details and some acrylics (Tamiya) for washes.
I spent a good eight hours lacing four of these wheels, that's after dry fitting, painting and familiarizing myself with them.
Not a particularly hard job, but tedious and somewhat monotonous. At least once the pattern is established, it does have a rhythm, a good project to do with T.V. or music on... I found doing them altogether at the same time a benefit for uniformity.
The tire treads were sanded and the sidewalls scrubbed with cleanser prior to mounting them.
Fitting the tire over the rim is a fight. It's a very tight fit and care must be exercised to not damage the wire wheels, they are much more fragile than I expected.
First round went to me, but the tire did draw some of my blood, literally. Second, third and fourth rounds belong to me, but I had to work for them...
Send an E-mail to member
Only for members