Forgot your password?
- Add a model to my Showroom (need to Login or Register)

- View my Favourite Showrooms

- Search for other members' Showrooms

- To know other members from Community

- Browse our Forums

See more >>

If you want to be noticed about updates, please join your email to the list.
>> Airbrushing: FAQ
>> A weathering technique using salt
>> Applying decals on cars and motorcycles
>> Building a  vacu airplane kit
>> Equivalences for racing colours with Tamiya.
>> Giving a rusty finishing to military vehicles
>> How to build a model kit
>> How to build a car model with open doors
>> How to paint with lacquers
>> Learning how to paint faces with acrylics
>> How to make a tarpaulin for military vehicles
>> Modelling a bust, Step by step
>> Modelling tips for newcomers
>> Painting a figure step by step
>> Painting, the key to plastic modelling.
>> Painting wheels for military in five steps
>> Placing tracks in the Tamiya's T-55
>> Realistic Fork Tubes for 1/12 scale motorcycles
>> Realistic chipped paint in military
>> Scratch Building helmets for cars and motorcycles
>> Spray booth, design and fan selection
>> T-34 Round-up. All the info and versions
>> Tamiya's paint to FS and Humbrol conversion chart
>> The "Weathering"
>> Weathering with the sponge technique
>> Weathering using pigments... step by step
>> Weathering tricks in airplanes for novice modellers
>> Wheels in F1 car models
>> Working with Alclad paints - These pages including all artwork are copyrighted 2006/2010 - Sitemap
Armor  Formula one  Cars  Motorcycles  Airplanes  Other 

Scale-Master Showroom Favourites Login Register

1969 Camaro Part 02

Kit / Model  

Not available


Not available

Item Code  

Not available




Continued progress. See Part 1 for history and direction for this project.

Part 3 click the link

Related URL

Related URL  



Project status  

In progress

Send an E-mail to member  

Only for members




Leave a comment
Only for registered members
Driver's seat mounting tracks.
The battery was machined from aluminum and the battery tray was cut, scored and folded sheet aluminum, much in the same fashion as a sheet metal tray would be formed in 1:1.
The rear leaf springs and part of the axle were fabricated from brass. I’ll have to re-assemble them to see what I have to work with. Sure glad I bagged them as left & rights…
The headers are modified parts from the ’67Corvette I pulled the engine from. I added extensions for cut-outs. They will mate up to the chambered exhaust. Never got around to making the hardware, but no worries regarding those parts now, just more fasteners to machine....
These are the new rotors. Modified from Tamiya left over parts, with new aluminum machined hubs. Studs are made from steel bolts.
Here are the spindles and backing plates, machined from aluminum back when I started this project, and they have been modified to accept the new rotors/calipers.
Upper control arms for the modified C4 Corvette suspension. Another similarity shared on my real Camaro… Also machined from aluminum a while back.
Machined from aluminum, with a foam element. It also needs some final finish work.
Reworked headers. Thicker, (now in scale) flanges were made out of styrene to replace the brass ones. I also drilled mounting holes in them. The brass mounting pins were replaced with steel pins. The extensions are aluminum tubing ( I forgot and thought I had made them from Plastruct like the roll bar). I also drilled the flanges and block-off plates for hardware.

Comments for this showroom

by: Mario Covalski (marioc) on 2011-11-13 - 16:43

Your work is always amazing Mark. I'm looking forward to see the complete model.