Forgot your password?
- Add a model to my Showroom (need to Login or Register)

- View my Favourite Showrooms

- Search for other members' Showrooms

- To know other members from Community

- Browse our Forums

See more >>

If you want to be noticed about updates, please join your email to the list.
>> Airbrushing: FAQ
>> A weathering technique using salt
>> Applying decals on cars and motorcycles
>> Building a  vacu airplane kit
>> Equivalences for racing colours with Tamiya.
>> Giving a rusty finishing to military vehicles
>> How to build a model kit
>> How to build a car model with open doors
>> How to paint with lacquers
>> Learning how to paint faces with acrylics
>> How to make a tarpaulin for military vehicles
>> Modelling a bust, Step by step
>> Modelling tips for newcomers
>> Painting a figure step by step
>> Painting, the key to plastic modelling.
>> Painting wheels for military in five steps
>> Placing tracks in the Tamiya's T-55
>> Realistic Fork Tubes for 1/12 scale motorcycles
>> Realistic chipped paint in military
>> Scratch Building helmets for cars and motorcycles
>> Spray booth, design and fan selection
>> T-34 Round-up. All the info and versions
>> Tamiya's paint to FS and Humbrol conversion chart
>> The "Weathering"
>> Weathering with the sponge technique
>> Weathering using pigments... step by step
>> Weathering tricks in airplanes for novice modellers
>> Wheels in F1 car models
>> Working with Alclad paints - These pages including all artwork are copyrighted 2006/2010 - Sitemap
Armor  Formula one  Cars  Motorcycles  Airplanes  Other 

Scale-Master Showroom Favourites Login Register

1969 Camaro Part 10

Kit / Model  

Not available


Not available

Item Code  

Not available




Continued progress. See Part 1 for history and intended direction for this project.

Part 11 click the link

Related URL

Related URL  



Project status  

In progress

Send an E-mail to member  

Only for members




Leave a comment
Only for registered members
The hood does fully close with the air filter on.
The first step in prepping the body (after fixing the big crack in the roof and smaller one on the rear quarter panel) was to fill in the recesses for the chrome rocker trim. I scribed the bottom edge of the door and cemented the dechromed trim pieces in, then sanded them flat and rescribed the door lines again.
Most of the badging was removed; (this is not going to be a Z/28). The side marker lights were removed too, but will be replaced; their locations were scribed in for future reference. The trunk and trim lines were cleaned up with the scriber too, and the body was blocked to remove the waves and sink marks.
I milled a set of valve covers from 6061 billet for it back in the ‘90s when I started this project and left them as raw polished aluminum.
(It always bothered me that the kit valve covers had eight mounting bolts, instead of seven.)
Now that I need them, I drilled the mounting holes and textured/finished them. Still working on the fasteners for them…
The wheels are pretty much finished, (I milled and turned them from 6061 billet over a dozen years ago when I started building it…), I will install the valve caps and paint the tire lettering later. The rear tires have been widened to 12 inches.
Brake hard lines from the master were bent from guitar wire and installed. Ignition wires, (including the little coil wires), some vacuum lines and electrical wiring are installed…
Last fitting of body before paint application. The hood is the color the top of the body will be…
You’ll just have to wait to see the scheme it will receive.